Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I am a good person…

People often judge you on the things you have
The things you inspire to do
The dreams you have which make them believe
I am a good person

Life’s lessons teaches me that I am able to make mistakes
Can get and give second, third, and fourth chances
Despite my many romances and stances
I am a good person

I may lash out like I lost my mind
Hard times got my life off course BUT
If my mind is really lost, am I really wrong?
I am still a good person

With our attitudes dense as the fog on a Monday morning
Already mad that we aren’t rich and have to go to work mourning
You see all the scrubs the continue to pollute the street
We shrug our shoulders and keep our comments discreet
You get accused of being selfish but selfish isn’t always bad
Personally, I flip it for MY good; take my time designing “selfish” using AutoCad
Until its output equals = positively constructive interaction

U are a good person despite what anybody say
Listen…
If a glass is given to you half empty, it’s not half full
If it can hold more, it’s not all good, that doesn’t mean ur negative
Ur still grateful however it also means
More can fit into the glass!

We may not have the best of everything
We may not be as fortunate as the young or 401’s
We may have lost many friends and families holds
BUT WE R STILL GOOD PEOPLE,
THAT’S WORTH MORE THAN GOLD!

`Dre

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am worth more than gold! Thanks Dre, I really needed that...

Elle Bee said...

This was beautiful..

Hey!! This is Alysha btw lol